Boxes and Necklaces....Karbid ja kaelakeed

Sunday, January 18, 2009

I like boxes and all interesting things in the boxes...like necklaces....
Mulle meeldivad igasugused karbid - ja asjad karpides...nagu näiteks kaelakeed...

When I was a small girl, my mother told me I am not allowed to go to her boxes. But as always - things not allowed are most tempting. Without her knowing that, I did took out her boxes and looked at her treasures - necklaces, buttons etc. 
Kui ma olin väike tüdruk, ei lubatud mul vaadata sahtlitesse, mis ei olnud minu omad - samuti ei tohtinud ma sorida ema karpides. Kuid nagu ikka - asjad, mis on keelatud, on paraku kõige ahvatlevamad: ema teadmata käisin tema karpides - oi, mis ilusaid kaelakeesid, nööpe jm seal leidus.

My biggest wish at that time was to be accepted by the older neighbour girls - I so much wanted to play with them. I told them about my mother's treasure and they asked me to bring them one. I did took the most beautiful necklace from my mother's box and gave it to them. 
This necklace once belonged to my grandmother and it was my mother's well kept memory from her.
Minu suurimaks sooviks tollal oli, et suuremad naabritüdrukud mu mängima võtaksid ja tahaksid, et ma nende sõber olen. Rääkisin neile oma ema karpidest ja karpide sisust ning neid hakkasid kaelakeed huvitama. Võtsin salaja karbist kõige ilusama ning viisin tüdrukutele.  See kaelakee kuulus kunagi mu vanaemale, mida ema oli hoidnud kui mälestust oma emast.
My grandmother with necklace
Vanaema kaelakeega

I remember that my mother was so unhappy about what I did.  We did not get back the necklace (do not remember the reason - perhaps my mother had dilemma of being loyal to me or asking back memory of hers - or she asked and the necklace was not found...). 
Now, having myself daughters, I can understand of how hard it was for my mother to loose the necklace...and I still feel so sorry of what happened - as a child I did not know the value of good memories...for little girl it was most important to be accepted by the older girls. 
Mäletan, et ema oli minu teo pärast väga õnnetu - ja millegipärast me kaelakeed tagasi ei saanudki...
Nüüd, kui mul endal on tütred, mõtlen, et ikka päris kurb võib olla kaotada lapse rumala teo pärast kallis mälestusese - kuid samas tean, et lapsed ei saa veel aru mälestustest...see on midagi, mida nad õpivad oma kogemustest nii nagu mina kunagi õppisin....

Perhaps this was one of the lessons I learnt and became who I am now....

Dear blogger friends - have a very good week full of love and inspiration! And full of good dreams!
Kallid blogijatest sõbrad - soovin teile loomingulist ja unistusterikast nädalat! 

3 comments:

Renee said...

Hello sweet lady, I wanted to stop by and thank you for sending Deena my way.

You have a very pretty blog.

Peace

Renee

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

I think we have similar tastes too!!! I can understand how you wanted to accepted by those girls...I am sure your dear Mother would understand this...I wish you a week of wonderful dreams too!!!

marika said...

Nii... keelatud asjad... tuleb minulegi lapsepõlv meelde :)
Unistusi