Thank You For The Music.....

Monday, February 23, 2009

My other half approached me for the first time with sentence - is there live music somewhere tonight? This sentence was so meaningful as I never expected. Music and piano are central points of his family and when I look at my photo albums - so the tradition comes with him also to our family. 
It is amazing how wonderfully my mother-in-law keeps family together via music. Breakfast starts with singing and the dinner ends with singing....It is very enjoyable....Family gathering around the piano...
Music as a family tradition starts from his grandmother who was a music teacher at the Copenhagen Academy of Music:
Piano Riga comes from my childhood and it is the only present I ever got from my grandfather:
Now my other half plays it every day. His way of taking care of crying baby is to sing to
her...and he thinks the best medicine for the bad mood is to sing it away...

We arrived back from our Copenhagen family yesterday. I had a good time of taking photos of my mother-in-law playing piano - she is so charming (I will not show the photos here - OK,  just one...)!
So - thank you for the Music..............giving so much to me!
Have a nice week full of Music!
Kallid blogijad - palju muusikat sellesse nädalasse!

2 comments:

marika said...

Tore pere ja armsad pildid :)

Alicja said...

Hello:)
Next beautiful post!
Music is so important to me. I think it "paints" our souls with beauty!
My recent post are 'full of music' this week too:))))
I hope you have a great week!
A lot of love from Warsaw,
Alicja